Bodybuild

Bodybuilding Fitness Health Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Biceps Blaster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:52 pm 
I found that making only 5-7 sets of 6-8 reps (slow, controlled manner) of any basic exercise blows out your bic. My favorites are: barbell curls and preacher curls. Just once a week. Back and biceps are trained separately. At the end of back routine make 2 sets of dumbbell concentration curls for bic. Try that and see results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:44 am 
I often use "arm blaster" the thing arnold used. It isolates lower biceps very good and allows to use weights compared with weights you use making usual barbell curls. Sometimes I do it as my primary mass exercise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:12 am 

you don't want to work out back and bis and than bis again later that week your muscle breaks down and must repair itself but if you break it down further you jsut went 5 stpes backwards. 5-7 sets a week man you must be crazy and not want to gain mass try lifting 12-15 sets a week with a back workout first now thats how you train bis your muscle need to be stressed and worked to failure and than it will grow or eventually it will build a tolerance to your light workout and not grow anymore

Protobe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:25 pm 

21's work well too!

http://www.bodyrushpersonaltraining.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:42 pm 
Yeah, arm blaster works fine. As well as preacher curls.

Post subject: confusion
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:46 am 
whats best? i read an article like this: http://www.bodybuildbid.com/articles/ar ... iceps.html which says only do biceps once a week then others that say work till failure several times a week.
whos right? are there different kinds of right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:37 pm 
If someone tells you pump your biceps twice or more a week with heavy weights, making not less than 12 sets (sometimes 15-20) you can ask him what cycle he uses at the moment :)

You will overtrain your bic twice a week. Do not forget about heavy back workout.

Arms should be trained directly once a week and better once in 8-9 days for mass and strength increase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:19 am 
thanks for advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:22 pm 
Work out biceps after back - biceps will be warmed up and pumped yet, all you need are 1 basic and 1-2 forming exercises of 10 sets total

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:00 am 

I am going to have to agree with the "once a week with back crowd." You build muscle once you have left the gym while they are resting. If you train them more than once or twice a week, they are being torn down faster than you body can repair and grow them.

http://www.build-muscle-and-burn-fat.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:57 pm 
I do whole biceps workout with back once a week, but also do 3 sets of 8-10 reps of inclined dumbbell curls 2-3 days before that. Permanent pump and looks huge.

Post subject: Biceps Blaster
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:22 pm 

Im going back to the gym after 3 months. Previously I was doing a 3 day a week chest workout, which focused primary on chest

Now that Im going back, I want to focus on every muscle group, breaking it down to one muscle group per day. My question is, is it ok to focus a whole day on shoulders and biceps and triceps alltogether?

I see many people focusing on shoulders and legs one day then another on biceps and shoulders.

Im wondering since wouldnt it make sense since you got most of the blood flowing around your arms, but then again I think you would probably overwork your biceps?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Biceps Blaster
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:53 am 

TommyN1981 wrote:
Im going back to the gym after 3 months. Previously I was doing a 3 day a week chest workout, which focused primary on chest

Now that Im going back, I want to focus on every muscle group, breaking it down to one muscle group per day. My question is, is it ok to focus a whole day on shoulders and biceps and triceps alltogether?

I see many people focusing on shoulders and legs one day then another on biceps and shoulders.

Im wondering since wouldnt it make sense since you got most of the blood flowing around your arms, but then again I think you would probably overwork your biceps?

Thanks in advance.

It's good to do Delts, Triceps, Biceps, if you do 2 exercises for each muscle grou, doing not more than 5 sets of each exercise.