Bodybuild

Bodybuilding Fitness Health Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Calves problem
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:45 pm 
Does anybody know how to burst up calf muscles? I 've been trying to train them everyday but they seem shrinked and I do not feel any pump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:39 am 

This is my experience, I too have resistant calves. I train my calves on Mon, Wed, and Fri, not everyday. If you train them everyday, they aren't getting the chance to recover and build, assuming you're training them heavy ( I do). I have seem some great changes in my calves in only three weeks on this system. Remember, your muscle builds while resting, not while you're working them.
Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:49 pm 
do the paul borison work out on them two heavy sets then adrop set of 4 so that you end up with no weight left but still keep going until you are nearly sick.that worked for me once a week cant walk for a few days but it is shit hot mate :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:44 pm 
4 Supersets - Donkey raises + Standing machine calf raises 2 times a week

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:40 pm 
if you don't mine advice from a lady, I do 360lbs on the leg press machine. That is I do calf raises on the leg press machine after my leg presses, calf raises on a seated calf raise machine, and then angled calf raises with as much weight as I can hold in each hand. I do this on the platform of one of the machines so that I can get the up and down motion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:28 pm 

Calf development can be tricky, but here are some tactics you can use to enhance your calves. Click here Focusing more on the contraction can also aid in growth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:13 pm 
I got some visible results making donkey raises with partner 5 sets of 25-30 reps as my first exercise and standing machine raises with heavy weights 5 of 15-20 and last set - drop down set up to zero weight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:10 am 

You definitely have to have great form on your calves - good stretch at the bottom, excellent contraction at the top, using a nice controlled movement. Too many people bounce up and down in the gym.

You also need adequate rest to build the muscle. The calves are a bit tricky in that they get quite a bit of work during the day every day with walking and so forth. I would recomend hitting them heavy with strict form no more than two or three days per week max.

http://www.build-muscle-and-burn-fat.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:02 am 
As to me I use only 2 exercises for 5 sets each:
Standing machine calf raises and Leg press machine calfs. Heavy weights. 6-8 reps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:05 pm 

One very good exercise that has helped my calves explode is done on the smith machine... I usually do seated calves to failure followed by loading up the smith machine feet flat on the floor and just contract all the way to the top of the motion... no ankle inversion... just flat floor to extended... but with a shit load of weight.... and like any other muscle group... its about the hardest contraction possible and feeling the flexation of the muscle during the concentric and eccentric movements... I think alot of people have a problem with feeling certain muscles... Mind muscle connection ya know...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:34 pm 

I want to hear from the guys who had small calves, and found a routine that grew them. I want to know what you did as far as exercises, amount of sets, reps, and how many time a week you hit them. I am 62" 200lbs im not huge but I have pretty good size all over. But I have 14" calves and I look stupid in shorts. I was planning on hitting them for 6 sets after I squat on my leg day. But im a total newb to calve training so I dont know how many sets, reps, or if I should use weight. I do work out at home and only have free weights so that will limit what I can do. Help me out guys